Anyone using Arista 7280R as edge router?

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:44:19 UTC 2017

There isn’t really anything super special about it if you know about the memory space on the Jericho chipset and the LPM/EPM tables.  Cisco is doing relatively the same things with their 5502 platform, it supports 1M FIB entries in the base memory model.   Most of it banks on the fact the bulk of the table is made up of /24 prefixes, and where it doesn’t optimization techniques can be done to make them /24s.

Thanks,

Phil