10G MetroE 1-2U Switch

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Thu Apr 13 21:37:07 UTC 2017

Hey Nanog,

Looking for a new metroE Edge switch that has more that 10x 10G ports. I am having a hard time finding anything worthwhile without buying a full blown ASR9K Chassis or another vendor's chassis.

Requirements
MEF compliant
1-2U small foot print
10G Ports will be used for ENNI's and UNI Ports
Prefer MPLS support for L2VPN's (EoMPLS and VPLS)
QOS per Sub interface\vlan on a ENNI
Cost effect 10G Ports
100G Not required

Looking at the
ASR920's - Great box for 1G but not enough 10G Ports Only 4
NCS5001/NCS5501 - New\unproven\probably buggy, Lacking some features & QOS issues :/
ASR900 - Looks good, but was hoping for a smaller foot print. If I remember right the 8x10G Cards can't go in every slot.

Any other platforms I should be looking at?

Ciena, Brocade, Juniper?

Thanks in advance!

-Erik

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail. You must destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.