CGNAT

Ed Lopez ed.lopez at corsa.com
Fri Apr 7 18:13:33 UTC 2017

A lot depends on the CGNAT features you are looking to support, some
considerations:

- Are you looking for port block allocation for bulk logging, where a given
subscriber is given a block of source TCP/UDP ports on a translated IP
address
- How many translations and session rate are you looking to support
- Do you require Port Control Protocol (PCP) support for inbound pinholing
reservations?  Do your subscribers support uPnP to PCP translation?
- Are you looking to support RFC 6598 (carrier use of 100.64.0.0/10 for
CGNAT)?
- Are you looking to support DS-Lite (RFC 6333) or lw4o6 (RFC 7596)?  Both
have significantly different requirements relative to CGNAT (DS-Lite
assumes translation of subscriber RFC 1918 addresses tracking their IPv6
address in the translation table, lw4o6 assumes translation from RFC 1918
to RFC 6598 at the subscriber/B4 prior to IPv6 encapsulation plus
translation of RFC 6598 to public at the CGNAT/AFTR)

Generally, I tend to recommend F5 BIG-IP from a CGNAT feature standpoint

- Ed

--

*Ed Lopez* | *Security Architect*
ed.lopez at corsa.com |11 Hines Rd (suite 203) | Ottawa, Ontario K2K 2X1 Canada

*Provide line-rate mitigation against DDoS attacks using the Corsa NSE7000
Series. <https://www.corsa.com/red-armor-security/nse7000/>*

*Learn how to make your network better with Corsa Performance SDN
<http://www.corsa.com/sdn-done-right/>.  *

*This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named
recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be
proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this email message or
any attachments and delete this message and any attachments immediately.*