NTP problems/time.windows.com?

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Tue Apr 4 01:46:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 01:23:58AM +0000, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> I haven't personally seen anything about this across my fleet; anyone here
> seeing tracks from it?
-snip-
>   http://www.ibtimes.com/how-change-ntp-server-microsofts-timewindowscom-causes-computers-display-wrong-time-2519884
-snip-

"One explanation that has gained traction online as users scramble for
 answers is the suggestion that a cluster of time servers may have lost
 connection with an external source that syncs the time and date."

	Haven't seen it, but if people are reporting sudden hour
offsets, on the first Monday in April, I'd bet on a DST implementation
bug that hijacked the system clock on their servers.

	This doesn't look like the sort of error you'd get with a free
running clock.

	--msa