AS9498 Bharti BGP hijacks

netravnen+nanog at gmail.com netravnen+nanog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:15:37 UTC 2017

I would (from a peering perspective) see this as a configuration error
where somebody/someone botched a configuration change in a specific
network router.

Partly because
a) seeing as the reports is sequentially numbered,
b) as - already pointed out - it is either /30 or /29.
c) thou I'm puzzled about the /27 leaked https://bgpstream.com/event/78122

Somebody noticed, somebody or another fixed the error in silence and
said nothing afterwards.

Sadly, No route-maps or the like were in place to prevent the prefix
leaks from happening. That in it-self should be stuff for the people
at Origin ASN 9498  (BHARTI Airtel Ltd.) to think a little "harder"
about in the future. "Routers mostly only fail because of the selected many
people managing them."

Kind regards,
Christoffer,
CH11404-RIPE