BCP38 adoption "incentives"?

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Sep 27 20:51:30 UTC 2016

They don't need to manage the router. The raw DSL modem, cable modem, etc. can watch the packets and see what's assigned. This would need new hardware, but it's not like this is happening quickly any other way. Yes, there are some consumer purchased DSL routers and cable routers, but doing what you can with what you can.

FWIW, I believe most American ISPs *DO* manage their end-user routers.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com