BCP38 adoption "incentives"?

Mike Jones mike at mikejones.in
Tue Sep 27 17:40:26 UTC 2016

On 27 September 2016 at 15:32, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Joe Klein wrote:
>
>> What would it take to test for BCP38 for a specific AS?
>

> Well, you can get people to run
> https://www.caida.org/projects/spoofer/#software
>
> I tried to get OpenWrt to include similar software, on by default, but some
> people are afraid that they might incur legal action on themselves by doing
> antispoofing-testing.

Any network operator should know if their network is blocking it or
not without having to deploy active probes across their network.

If a network is thinking about it enough to want to block it, they
will probably do so by turning knobs on their routers rather than
deploying another patch to the CPE.

I don't think the CPE is the solution here.

- Mike Jones