Request for comment -- BCP38

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Mon Sep 26 14:47:50 UTC 2016

On 09/26/2016 07:11 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:
> No -- BCP38 only prescribes filtering outbound to ensure that no
> packets leave your network with IP source addresses which are not
> from within your legitimate allocation.

So, to beat that horse to a fare-thee-well, to be BCP38 compliant I
need, on every interface sending packets out to the internet, to block
any source address matching a subnet in the BOGON list OR not matching
any of my routeable network subnets?  Plus add null-route entries for
all the BOGONs in my routing table so I don't send a bad destination
packet to my upstream?