Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Alexander Lyamin la at qrator.net
Sun Sep 25 18:48:53 UTC 2016

This time around its not about spoofing.

I presume this is development of the same botnet/worm that we seen day2 of
Shellshock public disclosure - its was pretty hightech - golang,
arm/mips/x86 support, multiple attack vectors - inlcuding (surprisingly)
very effective password guessing.
It counted  ~100k heads on day2,  and i suppose they did grew quite a bit.

Thats part of a problem why cause that much havoc - they do have real IP
addresses and reasonably well conected - so they can wreck a havoc in
bandwidth and tcp stack.

They most likely do not have enough resources to do Full Browser Stack,
thats why I think  L7 capabilities of the botnet will be very basic.

--

Alexander Lyamin

CEO | Qrator <http://qrator.net/>* Labs*

office: 8-800-3333-LAB (522)