One Year On: IPv4 Exhaust

Paul Thornton paul at prt.org
Sun Sep 25 17:47:54 UTC 2016

On 25/09/2016 18:40, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> On 9/25/16 9:19 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:
>>
>> I can't find an equivalent ARIN page of "how much we've allocated from
>> our last /8" - the statistics show that just over 2x /16s worth have
>> been assigned/allocated between January 2016 and July 2016, so a lower
>> rate by some margin than RIPE - but there are of course policy
>> differences at play there.
>

> ARIN's last /8 was run to zero last year.

I win the d'oh prize for failing to notice that, although I do have some
vague recollection of "Hmm, that will be interesting" now that I think
about it.  This explains why I thought that ARIN allocation graph looked
so random.

Interesting times.  Well, as I said in another post on this thread, lets
hope the v6-as-default tipping point comes sooner rather than later.

Paul.