Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sun Sep 25 14:50:54 UTC 2016

I've heard people say doing BCP38 is hard for big networks and it is if you do it at your provider\peering edges. It's easier if done at the customer edge. Simply don't allow the traffic onto your network to start with.

Limit the spoofing attacks to just a single random ASN. How much smaller is the attack than it is now with hundreds or thousands of them?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com