Status of IPv6 on Charter Communications

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Sep 25 07:30:16 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 11:14:13AM -0400, David Hill wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 06:55:59AM -0700, Stephen Satchell wrote:
> > Would someone at Charter Communications who is on this list indicate the
> > roll-out schedule for IPv6 to business customers using cable modems as
> > opposed to fiber links?
>
> I too would appreciate this information.  I do see more networks being
> announced: http://bgp.he.net/AS20115#_prefixes6.  Hopefully they will be
> providing static IPv6 as well.

Would somebody at Frontier FIOS who's embarassed about everyone else
dropping out IPv6 before them and would like to show up Verizon who so
totally dropped the ball on that make some kind, *any* kind, of an
announcement on even a vague potential timeline on such a roll-out
schedule too ;)?

Still waiting to be contacted about my static IP cutover here in CA.
Almost halfway through the transition year of the loaner Verizon IP
space... Anybody with a business static gone through the migration yet?
I'm planning to ask them about IPv6 then, but I'm sure I'll get the same
"we don't know anything" I got from Verizon for 4 years and from
Frontier when I asked right after the cutover <sigh>.