Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:53:32 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Niels Bakker <niels=nanog at bakker.net>
wrote:

> * morrowc.lists at gmail.com (Christopher Morrow) [Sat 24 Sep 2016, 18:55
> CEST]:
>
>> boy, it'd sure be nice if there were some 'science' and 'measurement'
>> behind such statements.
>> Didn't k-root do some anycast studies ~8-10 years back?
>>

> Not k-root but CacheFly 2006: https://www.nanog.org/meetings
> /nanog37/presentations/matt.levine.pdf

that's not the one I was thinking of, this is:
  <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog39/presentations/larson.pdf>

which references your presentation, nice! and is about J-root, not K-root,
but mentions Lorenzo's work on K-root studies... In anycase, both seem to
say that 'tcp anycast works fine' (inside some set of parameters).

thanks!
-chris