Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Sep 23 22:00:31 UTC 2016

A similar GRE attack was used against the Olympics:

"Once the Olympics got under way, LizardStresser along with a few other botnets ramped up their attack against organizations affiliated with the Olympics. The DDoS campaign launched attack traffic using the lesser-known IP protocol Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).”

 -mel