Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Sep 23 19:26:14 UTC 2016

Is CloudFlare able to filter Layer 7 these days? I was under the impression CloudFlare was not able to do that.

There have been a lot of rumors about this attack. Some say reflection, others say Layer 7, others say .. other stuff. If it is Layer 7, how are you going to ‘step in front of the cannon’? Would you just pass through all the traffic?

I realize Matthew is always happy for publicity (hell, the whole planet is aware of that). But if your system cannot actually do the required task, I’m not sure your company should give you credit for offering a service the user cannot use.

--
TTFN,
patrick