Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Sep 23 18:07:19 UTC 2016

On Sep 23, 2016, at 1:58 PM, Grant Ridder <shortdudey123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Didn't realize Akamai kicked out or disabled customers
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/krebs-on-security-booted-off-akamai-network-after-ddos-attack-proves-pricey/
>
> "Security blog Krebs on Security has been taken offline by host Akamai
> Technologies following a DDoS attack which reached 665 Gbps in size.”

Even Brian Krebs doesn’t think Akamai kicks out or disables customers. In the article, he admits he is not paying Akamai.

Should Akamai have kept protecting Krebs? Maybe. But I do not think anyone should pass judgement on Akamai - unless that person is willing to pick up the tab.

(And some of the companies claiming they will pick up the tab are just hoping for PR, since they could not have actually protected Krebs.)

--
TTFN,
patrick