CDN Overload?

Spyros Kakaroukas s.kakaroukas at connecticore.com
Wed Sep 21 13:47:12 UTC 2016

That's interesting.

Once, a few years/jobs/etc ago, I observed a flow from mobile youtube being really really bursty, peaking to a 40-50mbps on a 10mbps circuit, but that was the only time I've ever seen such an issue. After that one flow died, it never happened again.

That aside, I do work for a business-focused mostly-wireless SP at the moment and I haven't had any issues with CDNs so far. The only similar incidents I can recall involved customers running programs like aspera and signiant which, when misconfigured, can result in quite some volume coming your way.

My thoughts and words are my own.

Spyros

This e-mail and any attachment(s) contained within are confidential and are intended only for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. The information contained in this communication may be privileged, or exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete the communication without retaining any copies. Connecticore SA is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion, recommendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any information contained in this communication.