CDN Overload?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 19 20:19:09 UTC 2016

> On Sep 19, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog at ics-il.net> wrote:
>
> These situations effectively shut out all other Internet traffic to that customer or even portion of the network for low capacity NLOS areas

I think the growing gap between those with high speed links and so-called slower links will be an ongoing issue.  I’ve heard of tricks that the SP can do to avoid super large windows from occurring, but with the increased focus on tcp fast open and this data stuffing, I would expect the impact for these less studied low-speed links to get worse.

I’ve been helping a local WISP prepare their fiber OSP installation to try and mitigate some of the problems they have with local capacity and to work around the worsening NLOS situations that occur with annual tree growth.

- Jared