PlayStationNetwork blocking of CGNAT public addresses

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Sep 16 13:32:12 UTC 2016

On 16 Sep 2016, at 20:12, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> Has anyone else come up against the problem, and/or have any
> suggestions on how best to resolve it?

I'm pretty sure that at least part of it has to do with DDoS-related
activity.  The best bet is to try and identify and engage with the
relevant operational personnel with clue.  Going the customer-service
route isn't fruitful, as you indicate.

Another aspect is ensuring that one has the ability to detect, classify,
traceback, and mitigate outbound badness southbound of the CGN.

This sort of thing has always been a problem with NAT; as CGN becomes
more prevalent on wireline broadband networks, it's only going to get
worse.

AFAIK, PSN doesn't support IPv6.  That would be another topic of
discussion with the operational folks.