Optical Wave Providers

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Fri Sep 2 10:09:54 UTC 2016

On 01/09/16 22:45, Matthew Petach wrote:
> (I'm half hoping to get a flurry of replies telling me
> I'm completely wrong, and then explaining the real
> issues to me.  If nobody replies, it might mean I'm
> not entirely wrong).

You were not wrong on any particular point, but I don't think you may
have heard about muxponders previously.

I *think* technically it's TDM'd on the coloured side, but I'm not
sure... ODU/OTU stuff is somewhat removed from $dayjob. Someone might
want to correct me.

Have a look at the data sheet for the Ciena WaveServer though; it should
give a good idea of how this fits together. Of course, I'm sure more
comprehensive muxponder solutions are available for the [inter]national
carriers. :)

--
Tom