Another day, another illicit SQUAT - WebNX (AS18450) 103.11.67.0/24

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Fri Oct 28 23:58:12 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 10:32:12AM +1100, Mark Andrews said:
  >It's not the RIR's job. They already provide the framework for
  >ISP's to do the job of policing route announcements themselves.
  >ISP's just need to use that framework.

What incentive do the ISPs have to enforce any of this though?

In fact, they're making money sending bits over these prefixes.

What incentives could be created that the ISPs wont balk at as it
might affect their accidental revenues from "oh, gee, I didnt know it
was being squatted! <wink>" prefixes?

/kc
--
Ken Chase - math at sizone.org guelph canada