Another day, another illicit SQUAT - WebNX (AS18450) 103.11.67.0/24

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Oct 28 21:40:23 UTC 2016

I just got a spam from 103.11.67.105.  The containing /24 appears to
be unallocated APNIC space.

RIPE tools seem to say that AS18450 has been routing this block since
around May 23rd.

I see this kind of stuff almost every day now, it seems.  And you know,
there are days when I really do start to wonder "Has the Internet gone
mad?"

I'm going to call these turkeys right now and just ask them, point
blank, what the bleep they think they're doing, routing unallocated
APNIC space.  But if history is any guide, this is probably going to
turn out to be another one of these "absentee landlord" kinds of ASes,
where all they have is an answering machine.

I have to either laugh or cry when I see people posting here about the
non-functionality of abuse@ email addresses, and then see other people
saying "Well, this is why all ASes also have phone numbers."

I wish I had a dollar for every AS I had ever tried to contact where
-neither- the abuse@ address -nor- the phone number got me to any
actual human being.

Regards,
rfg