CenturyLink in Advanced Talks to Merge With Level 3 Communications - Interweb is doomed

Timothy Lister incudie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:22:27 UTC 2016

So if this went through, how would it happen? Does 3356 (L3) absorb 209's
(CL) infrastructure and slowly make customers change their peering config
to hit 3356 instead?

You make a good point, I have at least a couple clients that peer to both
providers for redundancy. One of which just recently signed an agreement
with CenturyLink for the sole purpose of fail over.