Should abuse mailboxes have quotas?

J nanog at namor.ca
Thu Oct 27 20:30:39 UTC 2016

I will admit, it's one of the faster ways I pick up on phishing campaigns against our users.  So I'm not entirely against it.

I'm in the camp of not replying to every report.

---- On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:39:07 -0500  <bzs at TheWorld.com> wrote ----

FWIW abuse at whatever seems to be a favorite in many spammers' lists.

I doubt that's their intent, seems like a good way to draw attention
to the spam from people with access to blocking lists etc, so I'll
guess they just blindly harvest web sites etc and abuse at whatever shows
up frequently.

That certainly doesn't help with the volume, some of that slips thru
spam filters, it adds up.

--
 -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die | bzs at TheWorld.com | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: +1 617-STD-WRLD | 800-THE-WRLD
The World: Since 1989 | A Public Information Utility | *oo*