Other name resolution impacts, as by-products of the Dyn event (e.g. recursive queries limit reached)

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:14:27 UTC 2016

Have not seen any mentions yet, so thought of asking here: has anybody paid
attention to other name resolution issues, even outside the Dyn hosted
services directly sourced ones? I am talking about what we observed, as
result of:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Support-Central/Support-Central-KB-118-What-does-quot-no-more-recursive-clients/ba-p/6321

i.e. "active queue" filled with the Dyn caused event, but leaving thusly no
"room", at times, for valid recursive queries, inclusive of internal name
resolution, where the SOA sits in another tier (e.g. GSLBs).

One possible mitigation for such scenarios is:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Support-Central/Support-Central-KB-3451-Configuring-CLI-commands-for-Automated/ba-p/6327

Any other related events, on other platforms or configurations?

***Stefan