Death of the Internet, Film at 11

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sat Oct 22 15:08:48 UTC 2016

Not trolling in the least. I'm genuinely trying my best to help the greater community.

Agreed on ShadowServer. I get their reports and I recommend others do the same.

Oh, okay, I responded to someone that said:

=====
Every
network operator who can do so, please raise your hand if you have
*recently* scanned you own network and if you can -honestly- attest
that you have taken all necessary steps to insure that none of the
numerous specific types of CCVT thingies that Krebs and others identified
weeks or months ago as being fundamentally insecure can emit a single
packet out onto the public Internet.
=====

That's the direction I was heading. How can I as a network operator seek out and eliminate the sources of these attacks?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com