Dyn DDoS this AM?

Crist Clark cjc+nanog at pumpky.net
Sat Oct 22 00:11:34 UTC 2016

Given the scale of these attacks, whether having two providers does any
good may be a crap shoot.

That is, what if the target happens to share the same providers you do?
Given the whole asymmetry of resources that make this a problem in the
first place, the attackers probably have the resources to take out multiple
providers.

Having multiple providers may reduce your chance of being collateral damage
(and I'd also still worry more about the more mundane risks of a single
provider, maintenance or upgrade gone bad, business risks, etc., than these
sensational ones), but multiple providers likely won't save you if you are
the actual target of the attack.