Dyn DDoS this AM?

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Fri Oct 21 23:19:24 UTC 2016

* randy at psg.com (Randy Bush) [Sat 22 Oct 2016, 00:28 CEST]:
>good question.  staying in-band, hidden primary comes to mind.  but
>i am sure clever minds can come up with more clever schemes.

The point of outsourcing DNS isn't just availability of static
hostnames, it's the added services delivered, like returning different
answers based on source of the question, even monitoring your
infrastructure (or it reporting load into the DNS management system).

That is very hard to replicate with two DNS providers.

	-- Niels.