MPLS in the campus Network?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Oct 20 16:58:51 UTC 2016

On 20/Oct/16 18:45, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> Sure - but it's probably worth revisiting the origins of those
> requirements, and whether there are better alternatives.

Indeed.

What we've seen is customers who prefer to manage their own IP layer,
and just need transport. These types of customers tend to be split
between EoDWDM and EoMPLS preferences. Whatever the case, their primary
requirement is control of their IP domain.

What we're not seeing anymore is l3vpn requirements, particularly on the
back of on-premise IT infrastructure moving into the cloud. We see this
driving a lot of regular IP growth.

Mark.