MPLS in the campus Network?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Oct 20 16:37:51 UTC 2016

On 20/Oct/16 18:29, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> Likely not at the PE, true, but he did say Internet access, so I err’d on the side of assuming DFZ, somewhere.  If that assumption is true, FIB resources for the SP interconnect nodes and filtering towards the PEs, absolutely..

I assumed 0/0 + ::/0 to upstreams, but if it had to be the DFZ, you can
still hold a full table in RAM but install just default and some select
entries into FIB.

This would only be necessary if there are downstreams that require the
full table. However, if it's for internal use, and a certain amount of
DFZ-related traffic engineering is required, the OP could make the case
for just having the border routers as the boxes that can handle a full
feed. This could be just one or two routers.

That would leave the majority of the network running cheaper routers
with smaller FIB's.

But without really knowing the OP's Internet routing design needs, it
could go either way.

Mark.