Two BGP peering sessions on single Comcast Fiber Connection?

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:48:35 UTC 2016

It comes down to sizing your failure domain. Any single upstream Transit
alone means the failure domain is the whole site (making assumptions about
your topology). As mentioned earlier, any single point of failure doesn't
reduce your failure footprint and gives little in terms of redundancy. Now
if you point that second router to a second provider, now you've reduced
the size of your failure domain to a single router/Transit, not the whole
site.

-b

--
Bill Blackford

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....