nexus N3K-C3064PQ vs juniper ex4500 in order to protect against ddos

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sat Oct 1 14:22:32 UTC 2016

That sort of thing has never bothered me much. If the platform is so great, surely it'll last more than a few years. What's the MTBF on these things? Decades?

Better power performance, newer features, higher capacities sure are all great reasons to get newer hardware. EOL isn't. Don't too many of you adopt that strategy, though. I still want my source of cheap EOL hardware. :-)

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com