Oracle buys... Dyn.

Eric Dugas edugas at unknowndevice.ca
Mon Nov 21 17:19:45 UTC 2016

I chuckled at "In September, after the release of Oracle's second-generation
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) datacenters, Oracle CTO Larry Ellison
proclaimed that "Amazon's lead is over" in the cloud market."

Eric

On Nov 21 2016, at 12:18 pm, J. Hellenthal <jhellenthal at dataix.net> wrote:

> Don't blame ya I'm a little negative on this one too as I can already
"assume" specialized DNS integration with oracle products among possibly
?oracle cloud? Structures spawning up for competition with AWS, Azure ...
others but these are just speculations.

> \--
 Onward!,
 Jason Hellenthal,
 Systems & Network Admin,
 Mobile: 0x9CA0BD58,
 JJH48-ARIN

> On Nov 21, 2016, at 10:26, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> Happy Monday.

> This seems to me to be equivalent (and bad for the same reasons) to cable
companies and/or ISPs being co-owned with program providers.

>  http://www.zdnet.com/article/oracle-acquires-dns-provider-dyn-to-take-on-
amazons-lead-in-the-cloud

> How will this affect *your* operations planning, if at all? Am I being
overly cynical about Larry Ellison? :-)

> Cheers,
\-- jra

Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra at baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates <http://www.bcp38.info> 2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA BCP38: Ask For It By Name! +1 727 647 1274