pay.gov and IPv6

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Nov 20 09:51:16 UTC 2016

Somebody pointed to me that even happy eyeballs will not fall back to IPv4 when PMTUD is blocked …

This is a big issue, many folks are deploying IPv6 web sites, and not double-checking this. Actually, this is VERY BIG issue with all the 1&1 sites. I tried to contact them many times for more than a year, and they seem to not care, so clearly not a recommended hosting provider, as they don’t care about the quality of service that their customers have. I will change my mind if someone from 1&1 is finally responding, in case they are in this list … For example, you will not get this working if you have a lower MTU than 1.500, which is quite normal, not just for tunnels, but also because the PPP/others encapsulation in many access links:

http://diskmakerx.com/

Furthermore, I mention this filtering problem in the article about the IPv6 survey results, for those that don’t follow RIPE LABS site:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/jordipaletm/results-of-the-ipv6-deployment-survey

Regards,
Jordi