Spitballing IoT Security

Marcel Plug marcelplug at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:42:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Eliot Lear <lear at ofcourseimright.com>
wrote:

> It is worth asking what protections are necessary for a device that
> regulates insulin.

Insulin pumps are an example of devices that have been over-regulated to
the point where any and all innovation has been stifled.  There have been
hardly any changes in the last 10+ years, during a time when all other
technology has advanced quite a bit.  Its off-topic for Nanog, but i
promise you this is very frustrating and annoying topic that hits me close
to home.

There has to be a middle ground.  I guarantee we do not want home
firewalls, and all the IoT devices to be regulated like insulin pumps and
other medical devices.  I think I'm starting to agree with those that want
to keep government regulation out of this arena...

Marcel