IPv6 Residential Deployment Survey

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Sun May 22 07:04:14 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 04:32:11AM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> NANOGers -
>
>     If you are providing residential Internet service with IPv6 (or
>     are a customer of same), please take a moment to complete
>     Jordi’s survey - this will help provide insight into the actual
>     technical practices being used in residential IPv6 deployment.

	John,

	Allow me to suggest an additional survey:

	If you're a customer of a provider that currently provides
IPv6, and are not using it, please tell us why.

	In my case, on my consumer connection at home, I cannot utilize
IPv6 because my provider does not wish to provide more than a /64 to
a subscriber, and my equipment vendor (Juniper) does not support DHCPv6
PD delegation hints, so I'll always get a /64 that does not scale well
to the >1 subnet I have internally.  (4: Managment, Media, Guest, &
Internal.)

	--msa