B5-Lite

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 17 15:29:57 UTC 2016

I’m seeing -61 (63/67 V/H) with floor at -101 right now with the XW PowerBeam 400 w/ 40mhz.  The speeds are “Ok” but getting beyond 60Mb/s is hard as the CPU maxes in a bridged setup.  Doesn’t seem to have any issues with the wireless rate during load, so perhaps it’s not doing offload to the chipset right?  The goal is to improve capacity in the interim while some strategic fiber is deployed for some areas.  A pair of B5s or AF5X would likely work out but would rather spend that on fiber.

- Jared