NIST NTP servers

John Souvestre john at souvestre.com
Fri May 13 03:17:40 UTC 2016

 >>> I know it's supposed to have better range and signal quality, but I
thought accuracy was about the same.  The variables that affect accuracy
are mostly external to the signal itself (propagation delay affected by
atmospheric conditions).

You are correct, but the what I read from NIST is that the Enhanced (PM)
format " will allow faster and more accurate synchronization, as well as
further address reception at particularly low SNIR."

So perhaps I should have said better "resolution" rather than "accuracy".  :)

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA