NIST NTP servers

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu May 12 14:34:31 UTC 2016

> On May 11, 2016, at 1:42 PM, Majdi S. Abbas <msa at latt.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 03:24:43PM +0000, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>> We're all aware this project is underway, right?
>>
>>  https://www.ntpsec.org/
>
> 	Despite the name, I'm not aware of any significant protocol
> changes.  It's just a recent fork of the reference implementation
> minus the refclocks, which isn't particularly helpful if you /don't/
> trust network time sources.

I’ll also say that if you’re running NTP with -g beware.

"This option allows the time to be set to any value without restriction”

Game over if someone decided to go after you, you will never sync.  Make sure
systemd won’t just restart your daemon, if you get “invalid” time the process
dies and then you’re off.  Game over, press redo or back. (yay ti99/4a references)

- Jared