NIST NTP servers

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 12 02:38:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, 11 May 2016 17:23:31 -0700, Eric Kuhnke said:

> average of $150/mo x 500 = $75,000

Id worry more about the fact that somebody is willing to spend $75K/mo to
attack me than the fact that it might be possible to wiggle my time base a bit.
At that point, you *really* have to worry about other, more productive attacks,
such as social engineering (including spear phishing and bribery), or obtaining
a 0-day against something in your network.

Remember that the FBI has basically admitted that the most effective means of
uncloaking a Tor user has been browser 0-days, even though decloaking by pwning
a majority of the servers is possible....

(Seriously - if *you* had $75K/mo to attack somebody, what would *you* spend
it on?)