NIST NTP servers

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 11 18:28:47 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 07:46 AM, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
> But would you not need to actually spend three times $300 to get a
> good redundant solution?
>
> While we are there, why not go all the way and get a rubidium standard
> with GPS sync? Anyone know of a (relatively) cheap solution with NTP
> output?

Ebay has several Symmetricom, Microsemi, Datum, Spectracom, and even
Agilent solutions for prices from a few hundred US$ to a couple of
thousand US$.  Even something like the Agilent Z3801, Z3805, or Z3816
can be found for a few hundred US$.   New, these things are in the
$10,000+ territory.  About the same range as mid-range ethernet gear.

I like our SSU2000, personally.