NIST NTP servers

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:18:29 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----

This seems like the most reasonable advise.  If this truly becomes a concern, I would think IPS vendors could implement signatures to look for bad time.  Lots of ways to do this
- look for a difference between the IPS realtime and NTP status versus the incoming packets.
- look for duplicate NTP responses, or responses that weren't requested
- duplicate responses, but with differing TTLs, which might hint at one being spoofed.

Chuck