NOC AS1836 green.ch AG

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Tue May 3 20:18:00 UTC 2016

On 03/05/16 21:23, Marco Paesani wrote:
> Hi Arnold,
> nobody answer at 'peering at green.ch' for this reason I write here on NANOG.
> Ciao,
>

> Marco Paesani
>

> Skype: mpaesani
> Mobile: +39 348 6019349
> Success depends on the right choice !
> Email: marco at paesani.it

Marco.

As I've told you when you hunted me down the last time through backside channels.. :)

When you don't get an answer on peering@ addresses its not because they don't read the emails. Instead of declining a peering-request formally people tend to just use the silent treatment and have that represent a "No". If you don't hear back - you probably don't fulfill the requirements to be eligible to peer with a network and for a big network with selective or restrictive policy, answering
"no" to emails all day long isn't productive for anyone.

This is one of MANY unwritten rules in the peering-world which can be hard to grasp at first. To understand the nomenclature and the "rules", going on a field trip to conferences such as NANOG, RIPE, EPF, GPF and the such is a great way to understand the game, so one can act accordingly to how the playfield looks like.

--
hugge @ AS2603