ARIN down?

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sat Mar 26 05:08:07 UTC 2016

I’m sure we all sympathize with the workload a DDOS attack imposes, as most of us have been there. But I can’t understand why there is so little broadcast communication of the attack through multiple channels. lists.arin.net<http://lists.arin.net> is rather esoteric. Facebook and Twitter are obvious alternative channels that are hard to attack, yet both are silent on the subject:

https://www.facebook.com/TeamARIN/
https://twitter.com/teamarin

Google shows only four hits for “arin dos attack march 25 2016”, and those are only fragments of the lists.arin.net<http://lists.arin.net> announcement, all of which dead end at arin.net<http://arin.net> right now.

It’s creepy that a major chunk of Internet infrastructure can be down for so long with so little public notice.

 -mel