Top-shelf resilience (Re: Why the US Government has so many data centers)

Tony Patti tony at swalter.com
Thu Mar 24 01:36:59 UTC 2016

FYI, similar to "battleshort", the term BATTLE OVERRIDE is described [1] on page 45 of G. Gordon Liddy's book _Will_,
and apparently [2] "Battle Override" was to be the original title of Liddy's autobiography, but the publisher wanted a one-word title.  Quotes:

"On the multidialed wall behind the radar technicians was a prominent switch with a red security cover.  It was marked: BATTLE OVERRIDE", and

"In the event of a battle emergency, however, the protective warm-up delay could be overridden and full power applied immediately by throwing the 'Battle Override' switch, as everything and everyone became expendable in war."

Tony Patti
CIO

[1] https://books.google.com/books?id=YRty_4HT_8kC&pg=PA45&lpg=PA45&dq=%22battle+override%22+M-33c&source=bl&ots=RYLdUECeHF&sig=hs9i6-W_CVwe5ZcjpxbEGSh9TNE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi474vOltjLAhUKcRQKHUHmCW4Q6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=%22battle%20override%22%20M-33c&f=false
[2] http://www.worldwizzy.com/library/G._Gordon_Liddy