Why the US Government has so many data centers

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Mar 22 20:26:50 UTC 2016

I finally looked at the Data Center Optimization
Initiative (DCOI) at https://datacenters.cio.gov.

If you're planning to provide feedback I would just
about assure you that this will not be looked at by
anyone that will be able to do anything.  Likely,
there'll be containers for expected/wanted responses
and the rest will goto the bit bucket.  It's a
pressure release valve.  (Let `em get it off their
chests and then we'll do what we normally do: create
confusion and chaos, so no one notices what's actually
being done)

The politics of gov't folks will over run everything
reasonable put forth by non-gov't folks like a
stampede of bison.

scott