Oh dear, we've all been made redundant...

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 04:00:36 UTC 2016

On 3/19/2016 18:16, Warren Kumari wrote:
> Found on Staple's website:
> http://www.staples.com/NetReset-Automated-Power-Cycler-for-Modems-and-Routers/product_1985686
>
> Fixes all issues, less downtime, less stress...

etc...
...and so forth
..................and so on.

> Resetting allows equipment to auto-correct issues

Recalls to mind years ago in the Toll testroom where I work, the
evenings equipment man (charged with and assigned to the task of
repairing equipment that had been "patched out" by the day shift) would,
when he arrived for work each day, retrieve the piece of 2 X 4 from its
hiding place and whack each bay of relay-rich equipment as he walked in
the area.

Then, after some coffee and a cigarette, he would go through the
trouble-ticket collection, retest the item, mark the ticket "NTF" and
proceed to the next item.

--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)