Wireless (WiFi) MOS equivalent?

Daniel C. Eckert dan at drakontas.org
Sun Mar 20 19:42:38 UTC 2016

When we do large events, we use the "virtual participant" type of testing
(throughput, latency, connection time from clients we control at different
locations in the venue) in addition to regular infrastructure-side metrics
like RSSI, SNR, last known receive data rate, and system-specific metrics
(we often use Aerohive gear, which has additional metrics like Radio
Health, Network Health, Application Health).

I'd suggest taking a look at what aspects of the network matter most for
your deployments and developing a score based on the primary influencing
metrics; most of it should be doable from the infrastructure side, but you
may also consider the virtual participant option for additional data
collection.

Dan