CALEA Requirements

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri Mar 18 20:28:21 UTC 2016

Kevin,

That's largely true, but keep in mind that it's normal for people who have
had to fulfill a request to be disallowed from talking about it which makes
them seem even more rare than they actually are.  I'm also not familiar
with any laws that prevent state or local agencies from leveraging CALEA
and I've certainly seen it used on the voice side by state level law
enforcement.

Scott Helms
Chief Technology Officer
ZCorum