collectd as alternative to RTG for high-resolution polling and long term storage?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at alameda.net
Wed Mar 16 19:20:35 UTC 2016

Be aware that collectd itself is a collection agent. It doesn't include
(last I checked) a grapher. There are however a number of graphers out
there to work with those RRD files, if you use that to store the data.

I personally have been using collectd across hundreds of Linux systems,
using rrdcached to a central collector and wrote my own grapher for that
stuff I am interested int.

Ulf.

--

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-396-1764
You can find my resume at: http://www.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html